What happens when a loyal fan and fellow voice actor wins a VOBoss contest and takes over the show? Awesomeness, of course! This very British episode of VOBoss features guest host & veteran UK voice actress Tanya Rich. Ever wonder what the voiceover industry is like on the other side of the pond? Tanya shares loads of great stories and tells us all about it. We haven’t seen a British Invasion this cool since the Beatles. You’ll be vexed by Tanya’s ‘Rich-craft’ too!
- Tanya Rich has been a voiceover actress for over 30 years in the UK.
- She got her start before ISDN. Years ago, In England, voiceover actors toured the country like a band or comedian. This resulted in very versatile voiceover actors who could perform any number of characters or accents.
- The UK isn’t a large geography so this isn’t as daunting as it sounds. Breathing and breath control was very different and more controlled when recordings went ‘to-tape’.
- Tanya made her first demo after two years. The snail mail sending of demos (on cassette or CD) was a laborious process. There was a lot of tangible product and paper products involved in being a voiceover actor. No one had a made-up or studio created demo. A demo was made of work you were hired to perform. That is still largely the standard in the UK.
- Tanya is a global actress with clients all over the world.
- Tanya has multiple websites to aid her in meeting the needs of clients in the USA, the UK and other countries.
- Longevity is important to SEO and web presence.
- Functionality of a website is often more important than design.
- The UK also has many people trying to prematurely become voiceover actors.