Truthteller. Revolutionary. Trouble maker. You’re not a Boss if you haven’t been called at least one. Today’s guest has been called all three! Dutch-born voiceover actor/activist Paul Strikwerda joins Anne & Gabby for a tell-all 20 minutes. The author of the infamous Nether Voice blog drops loads of Boss Bombs.
Waarheidspreker. Revolutionair. Onruststoker. Je bent geen baas als niemand je tenminste een van deze namen heeft genoemd. Onze gast vandaag heeft ze alle drie gehoord. Paul Strikwerda is een in Nederland geboren voice-over acteur en activist, en in de komende twintig minuten praat hij met Anne and Gabby. De auteur van het beruchte Nethervoice blog neemt beslist geen blad voor de mond, dus trek je klompen aan, want we gaan naar waar geen stem ooit is geweest…
- Paul Strikwerda’s voiceover blog Nether voice has over 39K subscribers.
- His blog is a weekly staple in voiceover industry.
- He has a large number of non-voiceover reads from all areas of the freelance arts.
- He was born and raised in the Netherlands and started using his voice semi-professionally at the age of 17.
- His mother taught him how to read at the age of 2 and began entering him into reading and literacy competitions.
- He was recorded ‘radio plays’ by the time he was 8.
- His story is a shared love of words that most voiceover actors can relate to.
- Paul was a broadcaster and owner of a business & personal training institute in the Netherlands.
- He came to the United States from Holland at the age 36 with 2 suitcases and not much else.
- It took many years for his blog to take off and gain notoriety.
- Instant gratification does not happen how people want it to and he attributes persistence to his success.
- He writes from a very personal perspective and he’s not afraid to say what is on his mind.
- Paul had a stroke about a year ago and has since written many blog posts about his ordeal and recovery.
- It was a bold move to open-up and expose a weakness as intimately as he did.
- He admits to be rather emotional at times – his passion is undeniable and he writes from the heart, not the mind.
- Paul tells us his thoughts on the European and the American mind-sets.
- He sheds light on some key differences and how those differences shape our culture in the USA.
- Paul urges voiceover actors to travel over-seas and experience first-hand how it can change your life.