The Bosses are always talking about the importance of branding and marketing and using your personal brand to its fullest. So, we wanted to talk to a trend-setting expert on the subject. We’re excited to welcome special guest Andy Krainak – brand manager for Vayner Media. (Yup, as in Gary Vaynerchuck’s right-hand man!) He’s sweet, humble and offers some killer branding advice to our listeners. The audio quality isn’t what you’d typically hear from VOBoss but the business-talk is BOSS to the MAX.
Please note this episode will be the final release for 2019. We see you with a clear new 20/20 focus in 2020!
- Today we interview Andy Krainak Marketing Director for Gary Vaynerchuck.
- Andy started with Vayner Media as an intern for the book Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook.
- His career with Gary Vee began with a tweet.
- He’s now part of a 35 member brand-team and has promoted two additional books including Crushing It.
- Andy tells us how he got started with Gary and what he did to get his attention and
- Andy’s moms’ reaction to the whole thing is classic.
- Andy talks about the progression of social media over the last six years.
- He stresses the importance of community management and talking to customers.
- Andy talks about the various social media platforms and how to choose the right ones for your business.
- Which platform best lends itself to your skill sets and who is the audience it best reaches.
- Andy talks a lot about Key Performance Indicators or KPI of social media.
- Testing is the key to finding the right platform.
- Andy is a big fan of Instagram but is also quick to point out that it’s over-valued.
- We also discuss predictions for the future of social media and how influencers will become the mainstream celebrities of tomorrow.
- Content is king but quantity can bread quality.
- Andy tells us about new platforms like Tic Tok and how voiceover actors can maximize their social media engagement.