September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month and in this week’s episode, the Bosses tackle the often difficult topic with the help of therapist Vanessa Pierre-Parker.
As voice actors and entrepreneurs, we are in a higher risk category for suicide and other mental health concerns. Vanessa & The Bosses talk about depression, anxiety, and the warning signs of suicide. It is important to de-stigmatize the conversation about mental illness and talk about resources that can help someone who is struggling.
If you or someone you know needs help please call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK or visit https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- As voice actors and entrepreneurs – we are in a high risk categories for suicide
- Warning signs of depression or thoughts of suicide are different for everyone
- Ask if you are unsure, and more often than not, they will be willing to answer
- Asking if someone is alright is only part of it- you also have to really LISTEN to their feedback.
- It’s best to address these questions in person rather than on social media. Its about privacy.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help