Blogs, videos, articles, tweets, podcasts – aaaagggghhhhh! We’re bombarded every single day by so much information. It’s overwhelming. How do we reduce the digital clutter? The Bosses are here to help you clean-house. In today’s world of information overload, it’s important to have a plan for your digital exposure and a way to manage the mega-loads of info that leave most voice actors feeling clueless. So, let’s get digital!
- Dealing with all the information outlets can be completely overwhelming.
- We are often bombarded by so much info that we shut down and don’t know what to do.
- Have a clear idea, vision or goal as to what you are trying to learn and how to best use digital content.
- Pay close attention to the creators of digital voiceover content. Focus on those who speak to you and help you achieve your goals.
- Try not to clutter your head with ‘stuff’ that isn’t applicable to what you want to do.
- Limit your social media time by setting allowed hours to engage in social activities.
- It takes regimented dedication to avoid becoming overwhelmed.
- Our capacity to learn is in blocks of time – usually 10-45 minutes. If you exceed your limit, your head will be cluttered.
- Voiceover students tend to put too great an expectation on themselves. They try to know-it-all before starting their business.
- Take smart phone breaks. Unplug and socialize the old-fashioned way.
- Don’t feel like you have to remain connected all the time. Being an entrepreneur doesn’t mean you don’t set limits.
We love IpDTL!