Get in touch with your inner boss!
The Amy Poehler and Tina Fey of VO (A.K.A Anne and Gabby) get into the BOSS mindset and talk about being assertive. They give tips on dealing with difficult clients and Gabby sheds some light on the other side of the coin with her experience in casting.
This episode is great for learning how to navigate your relationships with clients, vendors, and others we need to run our business. *Also, make sure you listen until the VERY end – even after the outro for a fun little treat!*
- Clients respect confidence
- Work with people who value you and your time
- Being assertive doesn’t make you a bad person
- There are definitely gender roles in play with assertiveness
- Know your personal limits
- Assertiveness happens in day to day life. Not just business.
- There’s a difference between assertiveness and bullying.