Want a professional home studio? Awesome, that’ll be $10k. What?!? You DON’T have $10k in your wallet? Hmm. Well, I guess we’ll have to get creative…
Seriously, guys – professional sounding booths DON’T have to break the bank! As a matter of fact, both Anne and Gabby have built their own booths!
Pure DIY greatness and here’s the kicker – no one can tell! In this episode, these ladies let you in on their bargain finding secrets, break down how they set up their studios and what they think the BIGGEST truth about home recording is.
- You don’t have to pay a ton of money to get a great performing booth, there is a ton you can DIY.
- You can get used equipment from a pawn shop, just make sure they have a return policy if the mic doesn’t work for you.
- You have to invest some money. Get a decent starting mic and upgrade your equipment as you get more money.
- The best mic won’t matter unless you have sound dampening.
- To have good sound dampening, you need to make sure there are no flat surfaces for the sound to bounce off.
- You can google ideas and plans for budget friendly DIY booths that you can make at home with power tools.