Stripper Heels. Pimp Hats. Microphones.
I bet you’re wondering what all of these have in common. Well, they’re all used by people who ask for money UP FRONT!
In this episode, Anne and Gabby talk collections. How to prepare yourself for a collections situation, what to do when someone doesn’t pay you, and how to nip it in the bud before even stepping in your booth.
With over 30 years of combined full-time VO experience between Gabby and Anne, only ONE client hasn’t paid.
- Bill your clients up front! This way you’re sure to get paid.
- Use electronic payment methods to quickly receive funds. Only allow trusted clients to pay with checks.
- Have your terms of payment in an opening email.
- Vet new clients. Talking to someone on the phone is a good way to establish trust.
- Build late fees in to your terms of service to encourage on time payment.