“Yeah, I’ll have a VO ATL with a Voxy on the side, hold the Faffy and can you add a WoVO to that? Oh, and a Diet Coke!”
With so many VO conferences out there it’s hard to know which ones to “order” off the menu. They’re a super fun time and a great way for all us introverts to mingle and get to know each other, but they can also be overwhelming. Anne and Gabby break down what your strategy should be BEFORE buying your tickets, what you should take into account and how to navigate them once you’re there. Anne and Gabby break down what your strategy should be when deciding on which conferences to attend, what you need to calculate BEFORE buying your tickets, and how to navigate everything that’s happening once you’ve arrived!
- Voice over conferences are an amazing place to physically meet up with others in what can be a very isolating industry.
- Don’t be afraid to talk to the people you want to network with. That’s part of what conferences are for!
- Go in to every conference with a plan. Look over the conference agenda beforehand and decide which sessions you want to attend. Planning out your time will make your conference time the most productive.
- When planning for a conference, be sure to budget the whole event, not just the conference admission. Remember airfare, food, hotel, and conference extras in your budget planning!
- Make sure to plan time for rest and sleep! Conferences can take a lot out of you!
- Socializing is an important an amazing part of conferences, but keep in mind that these are not only your friends, but professional contacts as well. Don’t get too intoxicated and make a fool of yourself!