Anne and Pamela discuss Black Lives Matter and the impact of “Taking a Stand” as a business. The Bosses discuss the role of values, morals, and beliefs, and how they can be woven into a brand message. This moment in time is an opportunity to educate and grow. Look inward and decide how you, and your business, will interact with important issues.
As a white woman I am still working on educating myself on how to best support and amplify Black voices. I’d like to offer the VO BOSS podcast platform as a means to help do this, and invite POC voices that would like to submit their stories or statements on issues of racism. Listening to stories from friends and colleagues in the industry has truly moved and changed me, and I want to do my part to help educate and be a supportive ally. We will air the statements unedited on upcoming episode(s) of VO BOSS in their entirety. If possible, please keep statements to around three minutes long. Please upload an mp3 – FirstName_LastName.mp3 here at this link.
The first ten people to email me with their intent to submit and record at email@example.com will have their stories aired, and we’ll add future episodes depending on how many submissions we receive.
The first ten people to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org will be guaranteed to have their submissions aired, and we’ll add future episodes depending on how many submissions we receive.
If you have any questions or would like to talk, please feel free to set up a call with me here
Thank you, and I’m listening – Anne
- The combination of the perfect storm that has led to all this unrest has gotten people to think differently about taking a stand
- It’s interesting that some find the idea of equality or treating people as human to be a political statement
- Be a good human
- How your company approaches morals, ethics, and values, is becoming a forefront issue
- How do I get involved, what do I do, what can I say to make a difference? This is a tough, inner, looking at yourself moment
- “I’m privileged that I can take a stand in my business, and if someone doesn’t agree with me, I can afford to let them go. I don’t look at it in dollars and cents, but I look at it as what I put out, I attract back to me. Not everyone is as fortunate as that. For me, if I didn’t get business because of it, that’s okay and I’m fine with that.” – Anne
- I’ve always been on a platform for education – it’s in my blood and who I am. This moment in time is super educational and I’m committed to help educate on the issues I believe in. I’m all for moving forward, educating, and evolving.
- This is a movement of equality, and your feelings bleed over into who you are as a business owner
- Like attracts like. Don’t we want to work with clients who believe in a similar value system and equality?
- This is an important opportunity to really think inward about your beliefs
- Decide the mission and values that you want for your company
- At the end of the day, we all have to look at ourselves in the mirror and decide how we are going to participate
- Words are one thing, but actions are more important
- Every day is an opportunity to take a stand with your brand
- Every little step is a step forward
- “My intent, desire, and commitment moving forward is to be more inclusive and to elevate BIPOC voices on the podcast.” – Anne
- All of us as business owners should ask ourselves: “how can I incorporate my ethics and morals into my business in a positive way?” Once we do so, we can progress.
- I hope all BOSSES out there feel empowered with more education and move forward with positivity and love.
- Take a stand. Be a BOSS