The results are in! “Anne of Aspercreme” has chosen the voices for her new spots. Anne and Liz discuss their choices and announce the voices of “Hopscotch” and “Walter”. Hear the winners, and get an in-depth look at the process of choosing the right voice! Congratulations to our winners!
Tune in to hear our bittersweet last episode with Special Guest Host Liz Atherton! Stay tuned in future weeks for our next special guest Co-Host and remember: Bosses Move Forward.
- We’ve narrowed down the finalists to our two winners!
- One winner will receive a VO BOSS Blast targeted marketing campaign, and the other will win a one-year pro membership to CastVoices.com
- No matter the spec, audition submissions are all over the places
- Casting is a time-consuming process, hence why real-world casting directors don’t listen to all auditions or give personalized feedback
- In a real scenario, it’s not up for a popular vote, but it’s a decision process that goes back and forth between the casting director and the client
- Sometimes the first round of auditions won’t produce the right voice, and a second round of casting will go out!
- Don’t submit for the second round of casting unless the specs have significantly changed and you fit the new specs
- Often it’s the slight nuances that will book you the role
- Make your second read count. This is your chance to showcase your variety
- Follow Directions!!
- Studio quality impacts casting decisions, make sure you have a pro home studio
- Listen to the episode to hear the winners!
- It’s important in these trying times to have more than one thing going on, as you never know when one stream of income will end.
- Thank you to the Queen Bee, Liz Atherton for joining me for 12 weeks of VO Boss Cohosting! You helped bring life to the podcast, and we will miss you!