Researching clients. What do you look for? How do you speak their language? How can you get your foot in the door? Anne and Gabby cover these topics and more in this VO BOSS podcast. Rev up your business model and have a pen and paper ready!
“Being a voice actor and trying to do everything it’s like throwing darts at Jell-O. You’re just not going to get anywhere. Nothing’s ever going to stick that way. There’s too many avenues and there’s too many options. It’s overwhelming. Who wants to try to do that?” – Gabby Nistico
- When we’re talking about vocally branding ourselves in the industry, it really helps to have a targeted audience
- Remember – it’s about your client, their needs, and how you can best serve them that counts
- Make sure that you have those skills to be able to back it up, and that you have done your work in terms of training, honing and perfecting your craft as a performer.
- Know yourself well enough to know the things that you enjoy, the things that bring you joy, the things that you have the talent to back up, and fit them into your business
- Make sure you know how to speak the language of the client that’s hiring in your arena.